Testing for Out of State Birds – Call Sherry Davis if you have any questions, she agreed to answer all your questions personally-
Here is what I just received today from Sherry Davis – In a message dated 1/15/2019 4:09:13 PM Central Standard Time, Sherrie.Davis@ag.ok.gov writes:
John asked me to send the rules to you for Avian Exhibitions. If anyone has any questions regarding the requirements from out of state, please refer them to me and we will help them. One thing I would like to remind everyone is that a NPIP 9-3 form is NOT the same as having a NPIP certificate. All out of state showers must have something in hand showing movement, where the birds came from and where they are going to. For NPIP flock owners that is a 9-3 form, for everyone else that is not NPIP and does not have access to a NPIP 9-3 form that is a health certificate from a veterinarian.
1 .Any Poultry being exhibited or sold in Oklahoma shall be free of visible evidence of disease.
2. Have passed a negative test for Pullorum/Typhoid within ninety (90) days prior to exhibition, shall be identified by an official leg or wing band OR
3. Have originated from a flock with a current NPIP Flock Certification (not required to be identified by official leg or wing band).
4. Out of state poultry shall also have a NPIP 9-3 form or an official health certificate.
5. Application of official leg or wing bands shall not be required for birds tested on the exhibition premises for specific event. Birds tested and not identified with an official leg or wing bandshall be tested prior to entering any future exhibitions or sales.
6. All sellers shall be a current NPIP Certified Flock Owner. All change of ownership requires anew NPIP 9-3 form listing buyer and seller details.
Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food & Forestry